TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ACCESS TO THE PROPERTY CANNOT BE GRANTED UNTIL WE HAVE RECEIVED FULL PAYMENT OF THE TARIFF AND BOOKING FEE ALONG WITH THE SIGNED TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND SECURITY BOND FORM
BEFORE YOU BOOK
- Please call us to discuss any special requirements you may have (don’t rely on website information alone).
- For all bookings, the balance of the tariff is to be paid no less than 30 days prior to the arrival date. For bookings made within 30 days of arrival date, full payment must be made at the time of making the booking.
- Bookings will only be confirmed once a 50% deposit and the booking fee have both been paid. Confirmation is subject to the completion and return of the signed Terms & Conditions and Pre-Authorised Security Bond prior to your arrival.
- Failure to meet the above terms or refusal to sign the Terms & Conditions and allow the Pre-Authorised for the Security Bond may result in the automatic cancellation of your booking. No refund of monies paid will be offered.
- If paying by VISA or MasterCard a 1.1% surcharge applies to all payments. If you wish to direct deposit into our bank account, please call for our bank details.
- All transactions are processed in Australian Dollars and all funds are held in our Trust Account for “First National Gerringong Pty Ltd”.
- Tariffs may be varied at any time up until the time of booking your accommodation. Quotes are valid for 14 days.
- Cancellation of a booking within 30 days of arrival will result in the full forfeit of moneys paid unless the property is re-booked for the entire period or part thereof. Refunds will be 90% of whatever we have been able to re-book.
- In all cases, booking fees and credit card surcharges are always non-refundable.
- All cancellations or requests to change booking dates must be received in writing.
- Although we will be as flexible as possible, refunds are generally not permitted for circumstances including;
- A change of travel plans
- Disruptions to transportation to the property
- A lack of access to attractions (such as wineries or events been cancelled) due to factors beyond our control (such as bushfires, inclement weather, etc)
- Forecast weather or other environmental impacts (such as rain, smoke haze, extreme heat or cold, high winds, bushfires, floods, etc)
- When booking your accommodation with Coast & Country Holidays, your card details are transmitted through a secure payment gateway. Card data is not hosted by First National Gerringong Pty Ltd.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Coast & Country Holidays cannot accept responsibility for actions taken by the owner of the premises outside our control and we reserve the right to cancel any booking as per the owner’s instruction. If the property becomes unavailable for your stay due to unforeseen circumstances e.g. fires, storm damage, sale, sustained road closures, etc we will inform you and endeavour to arrange suitable alternative accommodation for your stay.
- If a booking is taken based on incorrect tariff rates or where a property is unavailable, Coast & Country Holidays reserves the right to cancel the booking or re-offer the booking to you at the correct tariff rate. Technical issues are rare, but they do occur.
- The premises are leased for holiday purposes only and strictly for the period stated in the Booking Letter. Under no circumstances is any commercial enterprise to be conducted from the property.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to check that the booking dates are correct and advise the agent immediately if there are any irregularities. Coast & Country Holidays will not be held responsible for any missed discrepancies.
- The guest making the booking must be present at the property for the duration of the booking and will be held responsible for the conduct of all other guests and visitors.
- Bookings will commence and keys may be collected from 2:30pm on the day of arrival and the property must be vacated by 9:30am on the day of departure.
- Keys must be returned to our office by the specified check-out time or you may incur a late check-out fee. If the agent is required to attend the property to collect keys or as a result of the property being left unsecure a call-out fee of $50 may apply.
- Our opening hours are from 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 3:00pm Saturday, and 10:00am to 3:00pm Sunday. This does not include Public Holidays. In order to collect keys outside these times, it is possible, but this needs to be arranged prior to arrival. Under no circumstances will keys be distributed without the full accommodation being paid and all paperwork completed.
- The guest must supply Coast & Country Holidays with a Pre-Authorised money hold for $1,000 being the Security Bond before the booking commences, for claims including, but not limited to late departure, excess rubbish, additional cleaning and damage to the property or its contents. The liability of the guest shall be the full cost of all excess charges and/or repairs, whatever that may be. Should the guest not be the holder of a credit card, a cash deposit will be accepted.
- The agent will describe the property and location in good faith and to the best of their ability. It is the responsibility of the guest to assess the suitability of the accommodation/location for their needs. Claims for discounts or refunds will not be entertained for reasons of unsuitable accommodation.
- At the time of booking the guest must nominate the maximum number of people that will occupy the property and this number must not be exceeded under any circumstances. Bookings will not be accepted where the number of guests exceeds the maximum number of occupants as advertised in the property description.
- If the guests are found to have exceeded the accepted number of occupants upon the property, the tenancy will be immediately terminated, and the guests must vacate the property immediately. Under these circumstances no refund will be given, and alternative accommodation will not be made available.
- Unless otherwise stated, linen is not provided. Guests must provide their own bed sheets, pillowcases and towels. Sheets and pillowcases must be used on all beds. Should the agent reasonably believe that linen was not used, the guest will be responsible for the cost of laundering all bedding. You can arrange to hire linen from Gerringong Laundrette Pty Ltd on 02 4234 4210 at your own cost.
- Each property may have additional rules or conditions that apply to their property. These conditions are noted on the website listing and are displayed within the property and will form part of these Terms and Conditions. This generally includes Strata Titled properties, strata by-laws must always be complied with. Coast & Country Holidays has no control over the by-laws posted on strata titled properties. Any breach of these conditions may result in immediate termination of your tenancy.
- Items left at the premises will not be automatically returned. Any found items will be held for a maximum of 2 weeks and then disposed of or passed on to charity. Items may be returned only upon receipt of payment for postage and packaging costs, but lost items are not the responsibility of Coast & Country Holidays.
- Unless otherwise specifically stated, pets are not permitted upon the property. If the property is pet friendly the guest will be responsible for the removal of fleas, faeces, etc. from the property upon vacating. If extra cleaning is required, the cleaning costs will be deducted from the guest’s Security Bond. If guests are found to have brought a pet onto the property without written consent, the Security Bond may be forfeited in full.
- Guests locked out of the property outside working hours or who require the agent to deliver keys to them during working hours may be required to pay a $50 call-out fee. If a locksmith is required, the guest will be responsible for the payment of the locksmith’s bill.
- Any and all damages, breakage or losses to the property, common areas, furniture or fixtures and fittings of the property must be reported to the agent and paid for by the guest immediately. Should the guest discover any damages or faults upon arrival, they must immediately advise the agent or the damage/fault will be considered to have occurred during the guest’s stay and charged accordingly. All damages and extra cleaning will be deducted from the Security Bond.
- The guest agrees to leave the property in a clean and tidy state with rubbish removed from the property and placed in external bins. Red bins are for general waste, yellow bins are for recycling material only, and green bins are for garden and organic waste. Excess rubbish that does not fit into the bins at the property must be disposed of responsibly by the guest. Failure to do so or misuse of the external bins will incur a charge for rubbish removal which will be deducted from your Security Bond.
- All plates, glasses, cutlery, utensils, etc. used by the guest must be washed, dried and packed away before vacating. The property should be left in the same condition upon departure as it was found on arrival. Any additional costs where an unreasonable amount of cleaning is required must be paid for by the guest.
- Barbeques must be left in a clean and tidy state ready to be used by the next guest. Guests may be charged a $50 fee if the barbeque is not cleaned before departure. If the barbeque is dirty on arrival guests should contact the agent immediately. If the gas bottle runs out, guests may take the bottle to Gerringong Hardware on Rowlins Road and advise them of the holiday property address for a “Swap & Go” replacement gas bottle.
- No responsibility will be taken for any personal belongings of the guest. Any required insurance for guests’ belongings must be arranged by the guest. No liability is accepted by Coast & Country Holidays or the property owner for any injury, debt, damage, loss, delay or inconvenience caused by events outside the agent or owner’s control.
- Bookings are taken by the agent on behalf of the owner. If the property is sold, Coast & Country Holidays cannot guarantee that the new owner will continue to make the property available for holiday letting. But we will do out best to find you alternative accommodation.
- The property is not a party house any such activities are strictly prohibited. Any gatherings, celebrations or entertainment at the property must be approved by the owner and the agent prior to arrival. Guests must make every possible effort to ensure that they do not interfere or cause a nuisance to neighbours. Excessive or offensive noise is prohibited and may result in termination of permission to occupy the property, eviction, loss of tariff paid and extra charges for security and other expenses which may be deducted from the Security Bond. Loud music, televisions or any other excessive noise will not be permitted between 10:00pm and 8:00am. Should complaints be received, the agent may have to terminate your tenancy.
- The agent may refuse to accept any booking where the agent has been instructed by the owner or where the agent believes the booking is not in the best interest of the owner.
- All guests are responsible for keeping the property secure throughout their stay and upon vacating all doors and windows are to be securely locked on departure. If there is an alarm at the property and it is not turned on when vacating, guests may be charged accordingly for not securing the premises. If the property is damaged or entered due to failure to secure the property, an amount equal to or no less than the insurance excess will be taken from your Security Bond.
- All property interiors are non-smoking. Guests failing to abide by this term may be responsible for the cost of cleaning all carpet, furnishings and window coverings, and any other associated costs for damage to the property.
- Guests must comply with any instructions from Coast & Country Holidays during their stay including allowing repair or service personnel to enter the property for the purpose of conducting any repair or service deemed necessary by the agent.
- All repairs will be affected as soon as practicable. On Public Holidays, weekends and after hours this may at times prove difficult. Coast & Country Holidays will attempt to minimise inconvenience caused but cannot issue partial refunds or give discounts. In the event of a major problem rendering the property uninhabitable, we will make every effort to find alternative suitable accommodation for guests.
- Neither the owner nor the agent is responsible nor has any control over building or renovation work being carried out on neighbouring properties, public areas and tourist attractions and cannot issue refunds in the event of such circumstances.
- Any written or verbal description of the property by Coast & Country Holidays and its employees will be made in good faith, however no responsibility for contested description can be accepted.
- Any moving of furniture at the property that is not returned to its original state or any damage caused to the property or furnishings from moving furniture will be charged to the guest’s Security Bond accordingly.
- Guests must abide by any noise abatement conditions, parking regulations, standards and orders issued by police or any regulatory authority to minimise impacts upon the residential amenity of neighbours and local community. Failure to do so may result in immediate termination of your tenancy and eviction from the property.
- No firecrackers are to be used at any time whilst staying at the property. Complaints received from neighbours may result in a fine taken from your Security Bond or immediate termination of your tenancy and eviction from the property. No open fire pits are permitted at any time throughout the year and will result in an immediate termination of your tenancy. If a fire pit is present at the property, it may not be used when there is a fire ban. No fires are permitted at properties that do not supply a fire pit, e.g. you cannot bring your own fire pit.
- If there is a pool or other large body of water on or nearby the property, the guest must provide adequate supervision of any children at the property at all times and gates to fenced off areas must remain closed when not in use. Coast & Country Holidays cannot be held responsible for any incidents arising from a lack of supervision.
- Guests must always abide by Kiama Municipality Council’s Development Control Plan for Short Term Rental Accommodation at all times during their stay. A copy of the conditions is available on Kiama Municipality Council’s website https://www.kiama.nsw.gov.au/planning-and-development/planning-controls-guidelines/development-control- plan/kiama-development-control-plan-2020